Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Quilcayhuanca!!!






yikes! In a tired worry, I attempted to save some of my pics to an external hard drive and deleted about 100 of my faves..lost somewhere between the hard drive and the altitude. (unfortunately many of these were of people. Staggering mountain views are great, but the crew here is amazing!). Here a few that I didn't delete from the Quilcayhuanca Valley. The first is me (with a polvo beard) at more than 5000 m. Jeff Bury, Adam French and I woke up at 4 am to get that high and made it back to camp at dusk... I also managed to get a headwater sample!) The last picture of Bryan Mark is one of a handful of people pics that survived my tired erasing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was wondering why the pics stopped for a while. You'll just have to take more on the way down. Glad to see you made it to the top and cooled off. I LOVE all the pics you are sending. Keep ducking from stray rocks. Love Mom