Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Crossword Puzzles


Today Heidi will help me sample my final 8 samples from Andersen Creek (a few minutes from camp). Today I will also hike along and in front of the western face of Canada Glacier to collect sediment samples to be analyzed using XRF... I will compare trace metal concentrations in the airblown soils to what is seen in the glacier meltwater. I hadn't proposed this initially, but it is important- I will take an unknown out of the equation.

This morning was like many, brewing strong coffee, and sitting around with the camp attempting the Times Crossword puzzle. We each have our own specialty. Rae Spain the camp manager is perhaps the overall word guru. I thought I would post a picture of Rae and I in her honor. She is the heart of this camp.

No comments: